At the close of the last post, I had just started in on the guide wheel brackets. This week was all about finishing the last piece to the leg vise. Because of what I wanted to do with the brackets, there needed to be a specific sequence to the process. After cutting the slot for the wheels, I cut the curves for the wheels and a 1/4" slice off the front of the brackets. I then cut the front profile.
After that, I adhered the off-cut back on and that allowed me to cut the side profiles. Again, I repeated the "chevron" pattern. Some time spent with my 2 inch chisel and some of my rasps and files and the brackets were cleaned up.
Next I tapped for the set screws for the wheel pins, installed the Orange Osage pins I'd made and put a slight bevel on the round.
PC Lumber that set up in about an hour and let me re-tap for the bolts.
Here are a few photographs of the completed leg vise.
I'm extremely excited to know that this week I'll finally be getting rid of the sawhorses I've been working on as a bench for the last couple years!
One-weekend Router Table
14 hours ago