I thought I'd get a lot more done this week, but NOOOO!!! I've had an issue with the master bath shower door installation. I'm up to four corrected shipments, once the part arrives tomorrow. Luckily, it wasn't my error. After I'm done with this bench, finishing the master bath "semi" remodel will be my priority. I get to make several lamps for that project and I'll, of course, take you along.
This week I got the bench assembled and applied two coats of polymerized tung oil. These photos are with the oil still wet.
This particular oil is my favorite finish, as it's super easy to apply and looks wonderful. I've used straight tung oil and a tung oil varnish before, but this applies and dries differently. It also provides the ability to build a finish, if you wish. I like it for the bench because I can reapply without any prep work and because this is a work bench, the surface prep was extremely minimal.
All this week I spent laying out the design and position of the dog holes for the deadman. I got to use my favorite power tool, the bandsaw, for the design and then moved to the drill press for all the holes.
This week, I'll get started on either the gap/stop and/or the dogs.
Episode 315 – Out of the Clamps
4 hours ago