Monday, July 14, 2008

Serving Bisket - Top and Bottom

I'm behind on my little project due to being "forced to spend a day by the pool, BBQing and drinking beers with a few friends?" Well, at least it was fun and I got to eat my two favorite foods, Pork and Bacon. YUM!!! Throw a piece of ham on that and I'd be in heaven! I BBQ'd pork tenderloins, wrapped in bacon and rubbed with roasted and ground fennel seed, salt and pepper. I don't know if I've covered the fact that Sylvia has decided that nothing needs to die for her subsistence. While I agree with her feelings on the subject, I told her I'd like to get through the summer before I go completely vegetarian. At least she can still eat eggs. The new diet hasn't completely killed me because Sylvia is an awesome cook who could probably make brussel sprouts taste OK.

Anyway, I managed to get a little shop time in tonight and got the top panel that I'd re-glued, re-sanded. I cut both the top and bottom to final dimension and tomorrow will hopefully have time to get in and figure out the dimensions for the legs and start getting them rough cut.
Also, on a tangent, be nice to others. Yesterday, someone attacked a friend's blog with some really just plain, nasty comments. It was clear the guy had some weird agenda, probably because my friend has worked hard and made a very, very successful blog (http://thewoodwhisperer.com).
Anyway, like I said, be nice. Life is WAAAY too short to spend any of it being someone that you wouldn't even like.

7 comments:

Eric said...

Yeah!

Good looking blog Vic. Good to see you online.

Eric,
www.themorningwoodshow.com

Vic Hubbard said...

Thanks Eric,

I'm working on it. I just got Photoshop and starting taking on-line courses. Hopefully, if I can't make a good looking project, I can make it look good anyway:D

Unknown said...

Well hello Vic. i didn't know you had your own blog now. Very cool. Great looking site, can't wait to see more!
Bama5150

Kari Hultman said...

"...forced to spend a day by the pool, BBQing and drinking beers with a few friends."

Poor bloke!

Unknown said...

Vic..man what's wrong with being.. "forced to spend a day by the pool, BBQing and drinking beers with a few friends."

How come you're telling us this now??? Next time you need a lifeguard let me know!!!

I saw where you were contemplating addressing efficient energy
approaches in the shop.

I'd be very interested.......Neil

Vic Hubbard said...

Neil,

That's a thread I've been pondering for a while. I introduced it last night and will probably post once a week on it, until I've given all the general information. If you have a particular question, feel free to contact me. It's a field I'm passionate about and am always willing to help others improve their bills and comfort.

Vic Hubbard said...

Jeremy,
Thanks for checking it out. I'm hoping my foibles will be somewhat entertaining and maybe even inspirational to other that are just starting out, also.

David and Kari,
Yes, I'm a whiner:D I enjoy my friends, I just usually have too much on my plate and have a hard time shutting down for a day. My brain's always going on about the next thing I need/want to do. I guess I'm a bit OCD.